Design and Features
|Production Process||Injection Molded|
- Made from clear polished injection molded material for optimized social communication
- Uses corrugated filter with changable filter material
- Reusable and washable
- Solid durable design
- Once molds are made, high production rate can be achieved
- Large start up cost for production in time, materials, and funds
- Heavier mask design
Your HARBEC mask is fully assembled as a 6 piece construction. The product is meant for use straight out of the box. Please complete this survey after trying the mask, ideally for at least 1 week: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Y9TQ6J9. Contact BEmask@e-nable.org with questions or concerns
1. The HARBEC mask will come fully assembled. The straps are adjustable to fit any sized head.
2. Remove the apparatus, and begin removing the apparatus insert from the assembled apparatus. This at times requires some tinkering, but the insert is removable.
3. Pushing on the insert from the hole of the apparatus is a useful tactic.
4. With everything disassembled, place a new filter piece (included) onto the mask apparatus backing.
5. Work the filter piece in between the “moats” at the edges of the filter area as you are inserting the first corner of the insert.
6. Clamp down and insert the other side of the insert and filter piece into the apparatus backing.
7. The apparatus and filter assembly should fit as pictured. The filter should not overlap the lips on the edges of the apparatus backing.
8. Reapply the reloaded apparatus to the mask body.
Use & Fit
- Do not over tighten straps. For your convenience, consider tightening the top strap and leaving the bottom one loose. That way, you can hang the mask around your neck when not being used. (see picture to right)
- Breathing can feel restricted in the beginning due to high quality filters, but will become more comfortable after continued use.
- A small piece of included padding strip can be added along the edge of the mask that rests on top of the nose for added comfort and to limit eyeglass fogging.
- Fogging inside the mask can be limited by placing a drop or two of liquid dish/hand soap inside the mask and rubbing it all round.
Care & Sanitization
- The mask is reusable. This is made possible by replacing the filter sheet in the filter apparatus. See Assembly for details
- Filters can be replaced when needed with MERV-15 material or other comparable filter materials.
- Sanitize using methods Care + Sanitation
Production and Distribution
The Harbec mask is an injection molded
Team Testing January/2021
Data obtained using Particle Counter, comparing particle count inside box to outflow on downstream side of filter. 3D printed Head used to hold masks. Head inserted onto 2” PVC pipe. Pipe provides outflow using vacuum pump
Injection Molding FAQ
Q. Can this mask be produced at home?
A. No, this mask utilizes the industrial technologies of injection molding, requiring equipment that is not safe or cost-effective for a household. It is an industry commonly found locally providing packaging. We have identified local partners which does allow more options for production. Please contact BEmask@e-nable.org for more information about injection molding.
|The BE mask is offered to the general public for general, non-medical purposes. In accord with FDA Emergency Use Authorization, it has been submitted for review to NIOSH. The safety and efficacy of any mask depends on fitting, sanitization practices, and filter materials. Any mask should be tested and fit to meet local needs and standards. Please see our user liability disclaimer for details.|